Throwing cooking parties are one of my favorite things to do. If you read my blog regularly, you know I use pretty much any excuse I can to have them – Game of Thrones, murder mystery parties (yes, really), grilling parties, just about any party I can think of. I love having everyone around me, snacking, laughing, having fun, it’s absolutely my favorite thing to do. The only down side is, the 3 or 4 days following my parties, I never feel like getting back in the kitchen for all the necessary parts of my week – meal prep, healthy dinners, etc. Not only that, but sometimes my weeks just get way too hectic to even have time to cook – something I know a lot of families can connect with. So how do you solve the problem of still getting a homemade, nutritious dinner on the table, but also have time for everything else that is important in your life? I have a solution for y’all :)… keep reading for a coupon code for my first 5 readers!!!
First of all, I am NOT a fan of all these new stores popping up with prepped and ready meals for the week. I think of all the meals I have tried from them, and I have only ever liked about 2 or 3. Fresh meals, according to my taste is way more enjoyable to me, than shopping for meals that have been sitting on the shelf for a few days that don’t even taste that great. Recently I was approached by Amazing Kitchen Personal Chefs to test out their services, and I was intrigued – I can get the same prepped meal service, but completely customized to my taste/nutrition needs? Yes please!
(This is a sponsored post. All opinions are completely my own, based on my own experience.)
Besides the customization of the service, one of the main reasons why I was really interested in them was because of the price point. At only $30/hr, they will send a personal chef to your home, to cook whatever it is you want – whether it’s weekly meal prep, meals for a specific diet or nutritional need, or a special event, there are zero monthly commitment fees. Yes… you heard that right… $30/hr (3 hour min.). This means, in one morning, you can get all the meals you need for the week prepped for you and your family, by a personal chef, according to your own needs, taste, and want – how amazing is that? Needless to say, I had to try it out firsthand.
After scheduling the service 48 hours in advance, Chef Ivan arrived to my house at 1pm, ready to cook. On the menu – Shrimp salad with lemon, olive oil, garlic, and cilantro, penne pasta with chicken alfredo, and mango mousse with organic fruit for dessert (fancy, fancy). I was excited to see what the whole thing would be like, and it far exceeded any expectations I had. The chefs the service is using are clearly very experienced, very professional, and the meal was not only tasty, but gorgeous. It fully affirmed for me the thought of using them for a dinner party in the future.
I was given the choice to buy my own ingredients or have them do the grocery shopping for me, which was another huge plus since it was a pretty busy week already for me.
He put so much detail into every little dish – he didn’t just make fettuccine alfredo and leave it at that, he completed the dish with really gorgeous plating. I will also tell you, he made enough of it for about 4 people, and I pretty much ate it all myself…. it was freaking good.
Then… there was the dessert…. holy cow this was so incredible.
MY FIRST 5 READERS – USE THE COUPON CODE PERSONAL CHEFS FOR 10% OFF YOUR FIRST SERVICE! – CALL TODAY: (713)397-1355 OR EMAIL INFO@MYAMAZINGKITCHEN.COM
- Amazing Kitchen serves the Houston area, including Uptown, Downtown, Midtown, Memorial, Sugarland, River Oaks, Katy, Pearland, West U, Cypress, & the Heights.
- Amazing Kitchen believes hiring a personal chef should be convenient, affordable, and enjoyable.
- $30/hr, 3 hour min. (+ cost of ingredients).
- NO MONTHLY COMMITMENT FEES.
- They will create a menu according to your nutritional needs, create a plan, do your grocery shopping, and cook in the convenience of your own home.
- This is also a great service to use for seniors, who need a little more assistance in the kitchen.
- They will do all the cleanup!
- 12 ounces, fettucini pasta
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips.
- 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ cup Dry White Wine (or chicken stock)
- ¾ cup Heavy Cream
- ¾ cups freshly grated parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Minced for garnish
- radish and carrot shavings for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, al dente, and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breast and cook until they are golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add in the last 2 Tbsp. butter and garlic. Saute for about 1 minute, then pour in wine (or chicken stock), and reduce for about 2 minutes. Add in heavy cream, salt and pepper, and whisk for 2 minutes. Once the sauce looks good and mixed, add Parmesan, pasta, and chicken, tossing well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Top with garnish and serve!