Between my rapidly growing family and all the other people in my life that I want to give gifts to this holiday season the number is adding up very quick, and it is getting very $$$$$. So, I decided to make a few homemade gifts – channeling Martha Stewart hard – and made some really awesome sugar scrubs (with the help of my crafty mom, of course). My hands smell like sandalwood, my fingers are slipping off the keyboard, but oh my goshhhh I love this sugar scrub! Labels, jars, sugar, and a few oils… this is all you need to make an awesome holiday gift!
Welcome to my mom’s apothecary tavern… your source for any DIY gift :).
This is a super rough recipe – really, these scrubs are so easy, and there are so many different varieties just make sure you have the base of sugar, oil, and a few essential oils you love! Don’t forget vitamin E oil, it acts as a great preservative. Also, the oils I like to use are almond oil, grape seed oil, and sometimes a touch of olive oil for added moisture.
Man Hands Rough Ingredients: (per jar)
- Small jars
- 3/4 cup sugar (white sugar for face, raw sugar for body/hand/foot scrubs)
- about 2 tbsp. almond oil
- Coconut oil (couple teaspoons)
- 4 drops vitamin E (a great preservative)
- 3 drops tea tree oil (optional)
- 2 tbsp. almond oil
- 1 tbsp aloe vera jelly (optional)
- bay drops (few drops)
- olive oil (1 tbsp. about)
- lemongrass drops (2 drops)
- rosewood allspice (few drops)
- eucalyptus (few drops)
- Fir needle (few drops)
- Mix all ingredients together and place in a jar. (Haha how easy is that)!