One of my favorite things about blogging is that I get incredible opportunities to work with different brands and bloggers that I admire and respect, and I had an incredible trip last week where I got to do just that! Myself, along with 22 other bloggers, spent the day in the serene Hollywood hills, enjoying various Signature products, and bonding over what we all love most – food!
When I was approached to attend the Albertsons Companies launch of their new store brand, Signature, I couldn’t wait to see what they had in store. The Signature line exceeded my expectations in so many ways. On top of quality and affordability, what really struck me is how they are all about creating memories and signature moments in the kitchen, which I love to do, so it was a great fit for me. (Locally, you can find these products at both Randalls and Albertsons, but they have a family of 18 stores all over the country, so find your location here!)
Albertson’s Signature Launch Event – Los Angeles, California
After our hotel check-in, we got our first preview of the new Signature line with a generous welcome bag. This was so great especially because it included gentle makeup remover wipes, which I had forgotten, and they turned out to be even better than my expensive $15 wipes! Next, we headed to the Signature welcome dinner where all the bloggers mingled and chowed down on some really delicious foods. There were some pretty incredible bloggers there from around the country, and I loved getting to know them!
The next day, our van brought us to an absolutely fabulous private residence in the Hollywood Hills, and I literally had to stop myself from crying – I was so excited and awed! This house (which I swear was built solely to be photographed and filmed) was filled with aisles where all the new products from the Signature line were elegantly displayed. It was like our own personal grocery store for a day. This is where I want to share with you my Signature experience.
Is this house incredible or what?!
Here is one of my favorite blogging ladies, Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny!
Like so many others, most of my memories begin with something revolving or relating around food. So, to be able to now be a part of these products from their introduction, with these talented bloggers from around the country, was something really amazing to me; it’s why I work so hard at this blog. I only knew the Albertsons and Randalls team, along with all the other bloggers for about 24 hours, but I can’t begin to tell you how at home and welcome I felt with everyone. Food is a special thing. It can bring all of us together no matter the background, and gives us a common ground to become friends, it’s truly incredible to me.
During our welcome breakfast (where we were spoiled with all sorts of Signature goodies from Kona blend coffee, to hazelnut spread and bacon), we were introduced to Albertsons executive Chef, Jeff Anderson. He is responsible for developing new products for all the Albertsons family of stores, and, wait for it … Tiffani Thiessen, who hosts Cooking Channel’s “Dinner at Tiffani’s” and the is the brands spokesperson! That’s right people!
Chef Anderson walked us through their new line of Signature products and showed us how easy it is to simplify and manage the experience of cooking with their great, quality ingredients. This is key for me, as I am really guilty of over-complicating some of my dishes. And Tiffani…. well let’s just say the second she walked into the room, we realized instantly why they chose such a lovely and genuine person to talk to us about the Signature brand and share with us their signature dishes.
MAKE COOKING EASY BY USING PRE-MADE SIGNATURE INGREDIENTS
One of the key things we learned at the launch, is how using Signature products can totally simplify and streamline your experience in the kitchen. Chef Anderson showed us how we could take a pre-prepared and packaged tomato basil soup and use it to create something totally different for dinner. It is a great starter, flavor enhancer, and timesaver for making meatloaf, a pasta sauce, enchiladas, seasoned pulled chicken, and so much more.
Here is Chef Jeff’s Signature Chicken Marinade Recipe:
- 1 cup Signature Kitchens Orange Marmalade
- 1-3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (to taste)
- ½ cup Signature Kitchens Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Signature Farms 100% Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons Signature Kitchens Dijon Mustard
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 package Signature Farms boneless skinless chicken breast
- Directions: Whisk ingredients together and immediately coat the Signature farms boneless skinless chicken breast with mixture. Cook right away or refrigerate for later use. You can also marinate the chicken and then freeze!
After lunch, we got to hang out with the one and only, Tiffani Thiessen! She was a true joy to interact with, and was also a really good sport when it came to making short videos telling the blogger’s husband hello and that she wished he was there with us ☺.
Here are some fun facts about Tiffani:
- Her family rescues chickens, and currently owns 6.
- Her cookbook will be coming out soon!
- She was a vegetarian for 15 years, and broke it after a yoga session with In-N-Out-Burger
- She tries to cook for her own family about 3-4 days a week
- Her favorite recipe is her mother’s Cream Cheese Pie.
She showed us how to make her Signature Affogato recipe! It was really simple, 2 or 3 scoops of Signature Select ice cream (flavor of your choosing, I like mint) and Signature Select Kona coffee! I had never had this before, but it was amazing! (I know, I know, have I been living under a rock or something?)
How cute is she!
We also learned how to make these really cute ice cream sandwiches, that would be a great dessert for entertaining!
And, like the sweet girl she is, she took photos with all of us.
The new Signature products are a multi-category brand developed to address what we all want most – QUALITY, VALUE, CONVENIENCE, AFFORDABILITY. Putting something delicious and nutritious on the table that we can be proud of is what we all strive for. Convenience and affordability are necessities for those of us who work all day and want to be able to sit down with our families to create memories around the dinner table, and Signature products helps us do that.
Facts about the new Signature Brand
- More than 4,000 items ranging including coffee, produce, cereal, juice, prepared foods, household staples, and much more.
- The Signature line is exclusive to Albertsons family of stores, and is carried by all 18 banners of Albertsons stores across the country including Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Jewel-Osco, Shaws, Star Market, Randalls (my local store so my favorite of the bunch), Tom Thumb, Acme, and more!
- All Signature products come with a 100% money back guarantee.
- Products have an 18 month development cycle, with stringent product testing.
Signature Flatbread Party Idea – Try changing your next dinner party up a little bit, or, just throw a fun flatbread party for the kids!
We had stations set up to make our own flatbreads and it was a blast!
- Create a dough rolling station and shape the flatbreads out. Then, pre-grill them for about 2 min. on each side.
- Create a topping station, filled with Signature toppings – cheese, artichokes, sauces, meats, herbs, tomatoes, whatever your heart desires!
- Let everyone top their own flatbreads and then head over to the grill.
- Grill the flatbreads and enjoy!
Finally, the day ended with our own personal Signature shopping spree! We got to shop all the aisles of products in the house and send them home. Needless to say, I made a beeline to the coffee shelves….
Be sure to check out the other bloggers involved! They were so talented and beyond sweet!!
A Communal Table
A Dash of Sanity
A Grand Life
A Sweet Spoonful
A Zesty Bite
Around My Family Table
Bistro One Six
Carrots ‘N Cake
Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
Eat Yourself Skinny
Grab A Plate
Grace and Good Eats
Hither & Tither
Sugar & Charm
Sweet C’s Designs
Thank you Albertsons and Randalls for such an incredible, once in a lifetime experience!! I loved every second of the event, and can’t wait to start filling my home with all the new Signature products!
What is your Signature moment or Signature dish that you are known for? Join the conversation by using the hashtag #MySignatureMoments and tell us about a special cooking moment in your own life!
(This is a sponsored post. All opinions are completely my own, based on my own experience.)